Friday, September 23, 2011

Timber Creek

The vote is in (see the end of the "Getting' There" blog chapter): Timber Creek wins!

Still haven't finished the North Westville module but I figured I'd get the benchwork done for the next module.

I had to depart from the straight prototype and bend the tracks to get around the corner to the window portion of the loft. The PRSL continues the embankment started on the Westville side to cross Timber Creek ("crick" to many of the locals). The line stays with the embankment to cross over the road connecting the dual highway circles (a New Jersey phenomenon) in Brooklawn. The circles are separated by the PRSL overpass. The circles will be greatly shrunk but still modeled.

The near edge will contain the Westville Buzby Bros. cement plant (see http://railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=67377&p=945735&hilit=prsl#p945735 ). Again not an exact model but the closest kit I can find/afford. This will give North Westville 4 spurs (5 spots). South Westville/North Woodbury will contain another 3 sidings. (I need places to store my 853 freight cars.  :-) )


No comments:

Post a Comment