Saturday, October 1, 2016

Birthday Vacation - Sight & Sound Theater and the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania

Since I was passing into my next decade of life, my wife and I took a birthday trip out to Sight and Sound Theater in Lancaster to see the Sampson production. And since it was my birthday, I got a major say on the trip itinerary:
.          Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania (PRR T-shirt),
.          Strasburg Railroad,
.          3 railroad gift stores, 
.          and a hobby shop (X-Acto blades)!

We will start with the Pennsylvania Railroad Museum, one of my favorite places.

Tons of engines:


Some rusting away in the yard:


N5C Cabin 477947:


Found out the Reading had 2 round end observation cars and that they ran their premier passenger train with one on each end so the train did not need to be turned at the terminal:


They also had 2 great model railroads and I got to have a friendly chat with Bill, one of the model railroad volunteers:




Moving to the Strasburg Railroad: They were running a 2-10-0 decapod they got from the Great Western RR in Colorado:







No comments:

Post a Comment