Thursday, April 20, 2023

Done! (at least my part of the T-Trak module)

I have turned my T-Trak project over to my club's (New Jersey Southern) possession. I have taken it as far as my color-blindness and T-Trak inexperience can take it. The club has people with more skills than I possess to take it to the next level.

I think the initial electrical test showed some incorrectness in the wiring. They can replace the trees, color the rockfaces, upgrade the stream, and harden it for the abuse it will receive in transport.

I always wanted to try a T-Trak module and also be able to harass an old friend, the "Ol'Curmudgeon". Paul (S) started the Realistic Model Railroad forum and banned Kato UniTrack as "unrealistic". Believe me when I say I personally do NOT like UniTrack or Bachmann E-Z Track but I do believe it can be made realistic by painting the side rails and burying the ballast sides. Hence my efforts on this T-Trak module.

Having spoken of my disdain for Bachmann E-Z track, you will notice the 32x60 E&Z RR project I have posted is E-Z track. 1) I had a lot of it laying around and 2) this will be a traveling kid's layout for when our club does library displays, etc. and E-Z track holds up against the abuse better than my preferred cork and Atlas flex track.









No comments:

Post a Comment