Thursday, December 27, 2012

Scenery Phases / Woodbury Progress

I judge my scenery progress by the following list (which keeps growing).
[When done you go back and re-do numbers 4-6 and 8-11  :-)   ]. 
Since Woodbury is up to phase 12, I guess it is time for a photo progress report.

Scenery Phases
1.      Build benchwork
2.      Paint wooden platform surface
3.      Track - lay & paint
4.      Roads - install & paint
5.      Sculptamold hills
6.      Basic Ground cover
7.      Sidewalks - install & paint
8.      Trees
9.      Secondary ground cover; bushes, weeds
10.  People & station details
11.  Special scenes
12.  Custom buildings which accurately reflect the area

I need:
                Woodbury: station
                3 PRR passenger shelters (Westville, South Westville, North Woodbury)
                Westville: brick station
                Westville: Buzby Bros. (now that I have found a picture)
                Woodbury: St. Pat's Gothic church
                Walnut Lane bridge

Since my eyesight ain't what it used to be, I'll probably need to find someone to do the custom buildings. Since I'm unemployed, I will have to find someone to do them and accept payment in N scale freight cars. This could be tough. :-)

I'll leave most of the pictures smaller since you can click on them to make them larger.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

Woodbury Station on Cooper St
A Presbyterian type church is standing in for St. Pat's
Cooper St.
Parking lot chain link fence will eventually be reduced to half that height.
E Barber Ave and Red Oak tower
South Woodbury yard
More traffic than S Barber Ave ever saw!
 
Woodbury Bottling Co (been gone a while!)
A freight train coming off the Penns Grove branch
(The Woodbury yard once had an icing facility.)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Rick, have you thought of cardstock buildings as a quick, cheaper alternative? I've seen a few on layouts around here and they are very nice.

    ReplyDelete