Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Woodbury Station Area

Well, we actually have 2 trains running concurrently now but not with the reliability needed. No matter how well the track is tested, following ballasting we start all over. Plus all the straight alignments now look like Penn Central track in bankruptcy. Oh well, keep plugging.

Attached are some progress photos in the Woodbury Station area. I am trying to recreate some scenes from a Long/Coxey photo and another in the Images of America - Woodbury book. Only the first pass scenery has been put in place and a lot of stand-in buildings are employed.


 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I live in Woodbury and love the train station and trains that roll through town. Wish we had some sort of museum or steam train resting at a siding to commemorate the rich rail history of the town. I posted a link to your blog on my facebook. http://www.facebook.com/VillageGreenPreservationSociety

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Also I have found old Sanborn maps great reference for original train layouts. Woodbury has some great ones from 1897 to the 20's if I recall.

    ReplyDelete