Monday, April 30, 2012

Handrails

It was pointed out to me by a fellow from Railwire that my Baldwin VO-1000 didn't have the handrails attached. Just goes to show how observant I am. I have had this engine since 2004 and never noticed the hidden compartment in the box that contained 9 handrails that needed to be attached to the locomotive. Foolishly I began to cut and attach them. There are 3 tiny ones that I have no idea where they go and are so small I will not even attempt to handle them.

I got the front and back handrails and the ones near the cab installed with much effort (fat thumbs). I then got the right front handrails on but the left front ones were last seen traveling  at a high rate of speed somewhere over my "workbench". Multiple attempts to find them have failed so they have officially been declared "lost at sea".

No comments:

Post a Comment