Saturday, October 13, 2012

I Miss It

Well the 4'x8' layout has departed New Jersey and is now getting accustomed to its new home in Alabama. Tim drove 18 hours each way to pick it up and take it home. My boys and I got it moved from the attic to the garage for pick-up (and boy is L-Girder construction (1"x4"s) and plywood (3/4") heavy).  Getting it up and over the loft stair railings and tilted for the trip down the stairs was quite a chore.

The next morning I did my usual ritual of going up to the loft computer, turning it on, and then turning around to switch on the trains to run while I was on the computer. But they were gone! What a strange feeling. Tim sent me some photos. Another strange feeling! I didn't recognize the engines (and just wait 'till he sends me pictures with his SP Daylights - I'll need some tranquilizers).

So temporarily I do not have running trains for the first time in 14 years (unless you count back and forth for 14').

At least the 2 Woodbury modules have been moved up to the loft to join the Westville and Brooklawn modules. I'll have to Jerry-rig some end loops to see some action while I finish the Woodbury modules.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment