Saturday, July 23, 2016

Progress at What Price?

Progress always seems to have a price on my layout. There were 2 areas of track work that have been giving me migraines. One has severe accessibility issues and I will need to wait until I can get a second pair of hands to fix it. The other was just inconvenient to reach but I could handle on my own. (Or so I thought) In one back corner I had a curve, on a grade, that would cause derailments on a long hopper trains with increasing frequency. (Micro-Train 2 bay hoppers are too light to start with and the older ones with pizza cutter wheels were even more touchy.)

Determined to put an end to this, I carefully removed the power plant and planned to remove a section of flex track to fix it. Naturally my "spasticity" exceeded my prepared work area and the Buzby Bros. cement mixing plant experienced an earthquake (floor drop) destroying two of the storage bins. Since the damage includes brass railings, the plant production will be crippled until I can secure talent (way beyond mine) to fix it. Oh well, progress always comes at a price on the PRSL!



1 comment:

  1. I think it was phrased best this way:
    "This too shall pass. Painfully like a kidney stone, but remember it will pass."

    ReplyDelete