Saturday, December 1, 2018

Can You Identify the Railroad or the Location of This Photo?


Can You Identify the Railroad or the Location of This Photo?

When I looked at this picture I was struck by the composure and the beauty of the scene. It was striking! It was one of the prettiest railroad pictures I had ever scene.

My mind quickly went to work trying to identify the engines and the railroad. I eagerly began reading the text to fill in the background.

BUT WAIT!

Imagine my shock when I saw the second picture (below) and was stunned to realize this was a model photo on the author's small layout. This is the work of Caleb Austin and his submission can be found on the Railwire forum at: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=45935.msg596881#msg596881

His work is some of the best I have ever run across. I am still stunned.


No comments:

Post a Comment