Saturday, June 16, 2012

Treasure Chest

Wow, John just came up with a document that is a treasure chest of information. It includes the 1954 freight and passenger schedules and a ton of other information such as L class engines (Mikado's) were allowed on the south track of the Westville trestle but not the north track. This document is going to be fun to comb through. A few areas had 60 mph limits but most were significantly lower. The Westville trestle was 10 mph in both directions. The Mantua Creek bridge was 30 mph. I do not believe 4-6-2s or 2-8-2s were permitted on most sidings. Good thing that most steam power was 4-4-2s and 2-8-0s.
The passenger schedule was 6 trains north in the morning and 6 south in the evening. I guess I'll have to make sure I have a continuous connection so I can double up on passenger trains. I am surprised there are no schedules for the Salem and Penns Grove legs. PRSL books show meets at Woodbury to transfer passengers. Did that service end by 1954? I would not have thought so.

No comments:

Post a Comment