Saturday, November 24, 2012

Getting Over to Woodbury

The Brooklawn and Westville modules are done first pass scenery. The Woodbury modules have the track laid and initial testing completed but now I needed to connect the two sets of modules and allow a duck under. The duck under is not an ideal solution but in this construction phase I didn't want to get tied up perfecting a lift out.  So with 54 inch clearance, it is doable and when I become even less flexible I can roll under via a chair.

The duck under has framing on both sides and is open in the middle. I added a 1x2 to the top to give it L girder strength (and keep the trains off the floor). I got out my wife's glue gun and constructed a cardboard webbing which I covered with paper shopping bags. A layer of sculptamold, track ballasting, and some basic tree cover gets me ready to move onto scenicing the Woodbury modules.

 

But first I will probably put a temporary connecting end in so I can run some trains for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment