Saturday, March 29, 2014

Scripts 2,3,& 4 - Part I - Northbound

Givens:
  • My trackwork for the recreations of Woodbury and Westville is around 1950 era.
  • The RDCs (Rail Diesel Cars) arrived on the scene in 1950 & 1951.
  • The doodlebug connection passenger service from Salem ended in 1951 (I'll get that in sooner or later).
  • The bulk of the passenger / freight schedules I have received for the PRSL go back to 1954 when the PRSL ran 6 passenger commuter trains each way and 6 freights each way through Woodbury.
  • A friend sent me a 1951 schedule which had 12 passenger trains each way (no way I can do that Jose!)
  • The most detailed freight schedule I have is 1974 
  • ·        So where are the rest of my designed operational scripts to come from?

I was going to replicate the (6) 1954 commuter passenger trains (each way) by running 3 consists 2 times each but I think that will make things too busy (i.e.  too much work therefore diminishing the operators' fun) so I'll settle for 3 commuter trains each way.

In the morning they will run from Millville (represented by the other side of the Camden Pavonia yard) through stops at Woodbury, North Woodbury, South Westville, Westville, (past Brooklawn,) Camden and Philadelphia. In the afternoon we will reverse the process. (Ignoring for a moment that I have no staging tracks to store them.) I have 4 RDCs, 2 in PRR lettering and 2 in the Budd demo paint schemes (Budd only had 1 demo RDC :-) ). I have purchased decals to convert 3 of them to PRSL once I figure out how to remove the old lettering. The PRSL borrowed the Budd demo every summer to handle the seashore traffic. The remainder of the runs were handled by Baldwin road switchers (someone please make them in N scale!!!) and P70 heavyweight coaches.

So I'll run 1 PRR RDC pair,1 Budd RDC, and 2 or 3 heavyweights pulled by a PRR RS3. (I just learned the PRSL had some Erie-Lackawanna RS3s (prone to fires) on the property so now I need to find that paint scheme!) So walking through scripts 2, 3, & 4 here are the photos:

Northbound:

PRR RDCS in South Woodbury:

Heavyweights in South Woodbury:

Woodbury Station:


Budd RDC - North Woodbury:

Heavyweights approaching South Westville:

Westville:


Brooklawn circles:






1 comment: