Friday, January 2, 2015

Scenes

In my 30 years of armchair railroading and the 15 years since, I have collected about 30 Woodland Scenics (and Classic Metal Works) specialty vehicles and figure sets. Most of the vehicles have made it to the layout but few of the figure sets have. With Woodbury, Westville, and Brooklawn scenery pretty well along, it is time to start emptying the figures drawer. My January 31, 2013 blog entry (Where's Waldo) covered some initial figure installations. This week we added a farmer's market (with produce truck) at the Woodbury station. I don't remember the timeframe, but I do remember certain days where produce and flowers were hawked in the station parking lot as sanctioned activities.


The Suds n Shine car washers were added to the appropriate colonial houses in the Manayunk section (sooner or later I will find a way to do the Manayunk bridges) and a set of canoers on the Schuylkill River below. I think the Schuylkill may be too rapid for canoes here but skulls did race (Dad Vail Regatta) below this point.


Family boating (and dock) and another set of canoers were added to the Big Timber Creek scene in Brooklawn (there was/is an actual marina upstream on the other side of the train trestle).
 

At my age handling the N gauge trains is only a minor issue but placing/gluing these N scale figures is a challenge that is slipping beyond my abilities. I actually prefer the slightly larger Asian 1:150 figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment