Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Coming to the End (of Stage I Construction)

I have completed all the building that can fit into my loft area and the first pass scenery. Stage I consisted of 3 phases: 1) Brooklawn/Westville/North Woodbury; 2) Woodbury; 3) Camden and Philly. Each leg ran about 17'.

I just filled in half the access hatch of the 3rd phase to build a bigger Camden city and reluctantly violated the aisle area at Westville to build the Texaco refinery (a needed industry). There is no place else to go. Now it is a matter of enhancing/finishing  scenes and making it as much fun as possible for our operating sessions.




Generic scenery was added at the unfinished staging area end (needed a place to put the barn from my deceased friend's layout) so everything has had first pass scenery completed. The end is near! Sooner or later I have to run out of things to ramble on about.

I did submit an article (actually 2) proposal to a hobby magazine last week and am waiting to hear from them. It would cover the prototype Pennsylvania - Reading Seashore Lines and then those of us who model it.

I also put together a Google photo album of my layout in its current state. The photo album is in town order which unfortunately means the first photos are the least finished scenery wise.


Press on the first picture to get the full size photos. I hope you enjoy the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment