Wednesday, August 26, 2015

It's the Political Season - Vote for Me!:
"A Chicken in Every Pot and a Car in Every Driveway!"

Ignoring the chickens (I don't have any - just 4 cows and 3 goats on the layout), I kept thinking that now that I've added a bigger city I need more vehicles. I am emptying my supply drawers and out of curiosity I counted. I have about 145 vehicles on the layout and ~ 210 people. That should be enough for one for every driveway so Vote For Me!






The real laugh is that I probably have another hundred little folks in storage drawers (is that like the city political machines getting votes from dead names in the cemetery?) Most of my constituents are of Chinese heritage and share the same poses.  (But I am getting tired of the Dutch guys holding their hats on!)


I think we may have found the newest Michael Jordan (lower right hand corner, hanging on the rim):

The zinger is that most of my industries have no people on site! That will probably forces me to buy the more expensive Woodland Scenics figures (native Americans?) in the future (more potential votes?)

I tried to "weather" most of the lighter buildings on the layout. Since I am at least partially color-blind, my weathering consists of charcoal dustings. I think I overdid the Campbell Soup building (on right, now a dirty food place?) but Vote For Me anyway!




2 comments:

  1. You've got my vote... or because of my size, is it 160 votes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Would you like to be Secretary of State as payment! :-)

    ReplyDelete