Thursday, November 19, 2015

Inspiration Month 2015 - November 14th part II

For the next sets of pictures I hope I got the right names on the right pictures. My second stop was to the double decker layout of Chris Conaway. It looks like it would be a great layout to operate on but building it must have been challenging with all the obstacles.



Bob Hubbard's layout was beautiful but a nightmare of pipes to duck under and squeeze into (I have got to lose some weight).



I took no photos at the fourth stop which was a club open house with a modest size oval and kids all around. The fifth stop was frustrating. It was a layout previously on the NMRA tour. It was nice but not as spectacular as I would expect from a tour layout. There were only 2 other guests there and after waiting with a camera in hand and unable to get to a section blocked by the other guests for 5 minutes I gave up and left.


Sixth stop Dick Kitz:



1 comment:

  1. I operate on Chris' layout and it is really fun, it's actually relaxing the way he has the trains spread out. Once he added the section on the other side of the stairs, there was more operating potential for the uppder deck. It's funny, I used to visit his layout all the time during the Open House season and when I showed him the pics I took, he noticed it was back when he was still using DC. In fact, it was a visit by a few of the guys in our operating group that got Chris into operations in the first place. Can't wait to see the other layouts you got to Rick.

    ReplyDelete