Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Catching Up #3 - Couldn't Resist

I am trying to shave my engine (112) and freight car (576) collections by about 50% but I saw this beauty on an eBay estate sale and could not resist.

MicroTrains Reading FT set

It also gave me an excuse to let the Reading take over the Camden roundhouse with an F9, RS3, FA1, and an I10 consol sharing the spotlight.


Other post-September activities included jury duty and preparing/submitting an entry into Model Railroad Hobbyist's TOMA  module contest. Silly me thought that since I built my layout in modules I should be able to bang out an entry in about 20 hours. Well way, way more than a hundred hours later after writing, re-writing, rewriting,... picture taking, re-picture taking, re-picture taking,.. and arguing with my Word Master seminary buddy (Niel Bech) the entry was submitted and exhaustion settled in.

Here's hoping the entry meets their expectations, Probably won't know until April. The modules focused on Woodbury NJ where the PRSL's 3 branches (Millville/Vineland, Salem, and Penns Grove/Deepwater) all coalesced into a flurry or rail activity. Following is a prototype photo and my feeble attempts to imitate it.

Woodbury Millville to Camden local passenger train No.760. January 1951, R.L. Long photo, W.J. Coxey collection

No comments:

Post a Comment