Thursday, July 5, 2018

Gloucester County Historical Society - Open House March 2018

The local County Historical Society had an open house featuring trains (mostly HO from the Tyler (Mantua Metals) family collection). I was disappointed at the N scale table. It consisted of loose, collapsing sectional track pieces which wouldn’t even permit their old Bachman engine to transverse a quarter of the loop. So I loaned them one of the 2’x4’ Christmas tree displays I made for each of my 4 adult kid’s families. Now all they need is for someone to donate some old equipment that they can run. (The layouts are set up to run 2 trains in opposite direction from a single power pack.)  I also left them a stack of old Model Railroader magazines to give to each child (chronological or behavioral) interested. Hopefully we can generate some new modelers.


No comments:

Post a Comment