Thursday, August 8, 2019

Time to Check In!

It has been 8 years and 225 posts since I started this blog at the suggestion of a friend and the view counts have been healthy but I wonder if 99% of them aren't web crawlers.

So if there are any real readers out there please leave a comment below and why you bother reading my ramblings:
  • You like the real Pennsylvania-Reading Seashore Lines
  • You are a friend I forced to read it
  • You are looking for ideas
  • Nothing better to do
  • You found it through N Scale Magazine
  • ...
P.S. I sent in a "tip" on storing trains to the on-line Model Railroad Hobbyist Magazine and they turned it into 7 pages so please forgive my sloppy English, I didn't expect it to become an article.

And if you read it please give the article a higher than normal rating because of my good looks. (My wife could not recognize me in the magazine photo.)

The real me. Where did all my hair go?

P.S.S. The last 2 areas needing first pass scenery (Sculptamold and paint)

The end of the peninsula.  Turnbacks alway create a challenge to hide. (You also usually need to provide a barrier to keep the trains from changing from outbound to floorbound.)


Woodbury Lake (actually prototypical) will occupy the right side (framed by tree slopes).

Except for the track curvature this is also prototypical for just beyond the Woodbury Station

This end of North Woodbury is not so prototypical but the scenery does need to blend (Doesn't it?)

The Glassboro loop is mythical but is needed to get altitude to complete the mainline return.
The scenery will attempt to hide the access hole and the ugly pole lamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment