Sunday, July 1, 2012

Next Up - Woodbury #1

Well the article on the 4'x8' is scheduled for the Sept/Oct issue of N Scale Magazine so I guess it is time to start on the next module. I can work on it in the garage for the time being.

I taped sheets of paper together for a 16" wide by 12' long paper mock-up of the track plan to makes sure the trackage will fit. I can do what I need to do in about 10'.

The gentleman with the 1948 PRSL track charts has never made them available so I am going to guess about the final track layout. I would like to model Woodbury when it still had at least 2 mainline tracks. My notes only go back to 1960 and there was only 1 mainline track left then.

I will probably go back a little further to when Woodbury had 3 mainline tracks and guess on the arrangements. Especially after finding the 1954 passenger schedule and seeing the PRSL was still running 6 passenger trains each way. (The Eddie Fells diagrams have 4 sidings at the station and I do not want that much clutter.)

Unfortunately the passenger meets with Salem and Penns Grove branches stopped in 1950. That would really make things really hectic/interesting during the A.M. traffic rush hour.

Anyway here is what I am going with for the time being:

The Woodbury modules will probably eventually go along the other wall. But for now I don't have the money to tear out the wall desk and patch the walls so I will initially place them mid-room (following the departure of the 4'x8').

I will work on the initial 16"x6' module using a box frame like the other modules. The second Woodbury module will probably need to be L-girder construction since I will have to bury the Salem/Deepwater branches as they head to staging.

OK where did I leave my hammer last?   :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment