Friday, May 3, 2013

Phase 3 Begins!


I have sold off enough excess freight cars to get the money to begin the phase 3 construction. (Wow! Wood has gotten expensive!) This phase is targeted to contain a Schuylkill River/Manayunk bridge (Philadelphia) scene, a super shrunken Philadelphia 30th Street Station scene and the PRSL Camden Pavonia yard (unlike Westville & Woodbury, the trackage here is totally fictional, only the name remains).

Anyway bench-work is well underway. I had been "tunneling" through the bookshelves of the built-in desk (nicely divides the scenes) much to my wife's chagrin and have now built the L-girder framework for the yard. This pretty much consumes the 12'x17' loft (also to my wife's dismay, but within the "legal" framework of our pre-"house purchase" negotiations :-)  ). It will also probably limit me to an operating crew of about 4 people.
















No comments:

Post a Comment