Wednesday, May 8, 2013

We Should Be Revered!

I met a local N -scale model railroader last week and had him over for a visit. He noticed that some of the buildings on my layout were "classics" (1960s) that haven't been around for a long while. In particular a factory and tower that were marketed by Revell in the early days of USA N scale. He sent me an eBay link for a collection of buildings that had skyrocketed in price, primarily because of the aforementioned factory model.

(pictures from my old layout)

I told him we should be revered by his son and his fellow moderators on his model podcast show. After all, besides being around at the beginning of American N scale we were actually kids and young adults when the Great Northern,  CB&Q, Southern, D&RGW, Atlantic Coast Line, and the Sante Fe were all still in their full color glory. (I think the GN's Green and Orange streamliners were one of the things that hooked me on railroading.) Plus we had the music: Freight train, freight train goin' so fast,...

Instead we are probably the butt of jokes for our code 80 rail and DC power systems.

Those young know-it-alls! 
(Still wouldn't trade places with them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment