Sunday, May 26, 2013

Visitors, Visiting, and Beautiful Downtown Camden

It's been a pleasant couple of weeks. Got visited by NTrainz1, TimHar47, and his son (Tim P) who is one of the moderators on the Model Railcast (podcast) Show. Evening flew by fast with such fun topics as rich model railroaders compared to  poor model railroaders (we all fit in the latter category). The senior Tim kept noticing how long ago some of my buildings were produced (and I bought them new :-) ) and making me feel very old.


Also got to visit a friend who has recently switched from HO to N scale. How I would love to have his 12'x26' finished basement room. He will be doing NS in Virginia (oh, how I miss having mountains).

Spent time cutting and painting plywood. All the ground level plywood is in and attached to the bench-work. Now I am trying finalize switch locations to service the Camden Pavonia yard. Since I have difficulty visualizing the 3D effect of plans, I pulled out tons of stored buildings to do some mock-ups of downtown Camden (this section will be non-protypical). I just wanted to see how things would look and fit into the overall room scenery.





Now back to track-work (don't even mention that dirty word (ballasting)).

No comments:

Post a Comment