Friday, August 8, 2014

A Little of This, a Little of That

After dawdling for quite a while, I finally finished the Model Tech Studios coal conveyor for the Barry Bros. coal yard. The parts are too small (and too breakable) for my aging fingers but I finally got it done and painted. The conveyor is probably a bit too large for the coal yard (but I remember the prototype having one and it was a needed touch).



I also spent some time putting Woodland Scenic's clump foliage along the wall side of Westville and North Woodbury. It does a simple, but solid, job of camouflaging the shelf edges and giving a sense of distance.




The Micro Machines tank is a placeholder for when I find a small WWI or early WWII field artillery piece,  with shield. There was a VFW at this corner with the artillery piece in the yard.

I also managed to complete the coupler / pilot conversion on my Erie RS3. The Erie RS3's didn't arrive on the PRSL scene until the Conrail days had begun and were hated by the engine crews. One caught fire once and the engine crew hopped off. Someone nearby offered to call the fire department but the engine crew told them to wait a couple of minutes so the engine could be cooked a little more and not be able to be returned to service!

No comments:

Post a Comment