Saturday, August 30, 2014

J. B. Van Sciver Co.

J.B. Van Sciver was another of Camden's signature industries in the 1950s. Although it did not have its own private siding (it does now!), I wanted to include it in my Camden area. Their building had distinctive turrets and its name plastered along the top of its walls to make sure the area knew who to buy their furniture from.



I also added 3 staging tracks to hold the Philly transfer runs. This should alleviate blockages in the Pavonia yard. Now the switchers can pull the inbound cars, load the returns block and ship the transfer runs back into staging. Then everything will be cleared to prep the locals and the express freights. (At least that the theory - we will see later in the month.)






1 comment:

  1. This is really neat to see I am Russell VanSciver's Grand daughter. I just love old history and while I was surfing though the internet I saw your train set up. Loved it!!

    ReplyDelete