Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Camden Industrial Area.

I plan to include former Camden manufacturing  powers: Campbell Soup, RCA Victor Corp, and Van Sciber Furniture. To help ID the buildings I just installed a Miller Engineering animated RCA Victor sign. The Miller Engineering sign could use some more length to the power supply wires (currently powered by a AA battery-pack that will need to be replaced with a plug in 4.5 volt source)

Next I need to get the Campbell water tower to have the familiar Campbell Soup logo (see: http://philadelphiaencyclopedia.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Campbell-Soup-Factory-Towers.jpg )
I need to find a printed color image to wrap the Campbell Soup's building water tower. Any day now I should be receiving a Campbell Soup box truck with the logo.

That leaves the 3rd building to be Van Sciber by default. (Unless I can find a parapet! See: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fqjphfUzaJ0/UVxo7dqAQkI/AAAAAAAAlzM/oxpDBnlldu4/s640/PostcardJBFactory.jpg ) Van Sciber did not have its own private siding but it was a very visible Camden landmark company in the 1950s.



No comments:

Post a Comment